Suffering From Depression For Last 8 Years

clarksmith

Sep 23, 2019
Hi.. its a great place.. being in a socialize environment is always a great way to distract from depression. Depression is nothing but a state of mind... being positivism really help me.. and i believe it will help you too, read overcoming depression tips .. all the best..

PaigeCullen

Sep 23, 2019
Hi.. its a great place.. being in a socialize environment is always a great way to distract from depression. Depression is nothing but a state of mind... being positivism really help me.. and i believe it will help you too, read overcoming depression tips .. all the best..
Depression is nothing but a state of mind?? Really?? Sorry, but that's a very offensive, insensitive and ignorant statement to make. Maybe being "positive" helped improve your situation - that's wonderful if it did. But depression is as much as a physical illness as psychological. Studies have proven that people who suffer from depression have abnormalities in nerve transmission in the brain in both the serotonin and norepinephrine systems. Depression is NOT just a state of mind. I am 40 years old and have seen child psychiatrists/psychologists since I was 8 years old. I have been diagnosed with Dysthymia and Major Depressive Disorder - Severe. My depression is not just a state of mind!

To the OP, there is no cure for depression. Medication can help correct the chemical imbalance, and cognitive therapy can teach you coping mechanisms to deal with your depression, but there is no known cure. I wish you the very best.

2bigpeas

Sep 23, 2019
Paige, snap out of it! Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Did that help? Yeah, I didn't think so. The article linked wasn't even about overcoming depression, just tips on stress relief. Not the same at all.

It may just be me, but I've seen these types of posts before- people who have no post history, and the one and only post they've made has a semi-related topic link atttached. Is it possible that they are spammers?

PaigeCullen

Sep 23, 2019
LOL! Thank you, I laughed for the first time in days! Sorry if I over-reacted, but this is a hot topic for me.

2bigpeas

Sep 23, 2019
Glad you laughed! No worries, you didn't overreact at all. I just didn't want some spammer to get under your skin.

gabriel4097

Sep 23, 2019
Hi I’m new here and looking to make friends. I have had depression for over 8 years and feel very lonely as my hubby works afternoons regular. I have 2 children 8 and 5.Hope to get some support here. If you know a cure it would be great help.

hotmtmama

Sep 23, 2019
Hello, this is a wonderful place to meet friends. I think the best thing you can do for your depression is maybe see your doctor. Are you taking Phen? You only weigh 68 pounds and want to weigh 14? I don't think that is healthy. You need to take time for yourself and you might feel better as well. Good Luck

adreamtome

Sep 23, 2019
Is this for real or is this a Troll??
Cause no adult can survive being 14 pounds! So either your info is wrong or this is fake!!! And if it is for real then u need to seek help from your doctor!

adream

Sep 23, 2019
Hi, I'm new here. I started Phen yesterday. I have also suffered depression. Not severe, but I am on meds for it. I am a SAH mom of 2, ages 7&5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu