New Member - And So Confused

Sep 23, 2019
I'm going to start my 15 mg of Phentermine in the morning..I've read all the side effects I'm actually happy to be trying it I'm 5'5 270.I want to loose 70 pounds my 1st goal is 15 pounds by June 7th..wish me luck as I start my journey.. I will keep you all updated.

nellyrock31

Sep 20, 2019
Good Morning All -

I am new to the forum and I am currently 250lbs and 5'5. I am struggling and I reached a breaking point about 2 weeks ago. So my journey has begun. I ended up taking phentermine 30mg and I also signed up for Weight Watchers. The start of my progess is from Sunday 10/28/31. I went to md private physcian today for a regular physical and informed him I did not want to weigh in, however I did tell him all that I have been doing to get this weight off. For my physical he noticed that I had some trembling from the medicine so he told me he wanted to switch me to phentermine 15mg along with taking Topirimate 50mg... He stated that this is new FDA drug used for weight loss in conjunction with phen.. So wish me luck as I go get my new prescription today :-0... Also does anyone know a schedule pattern to take phen if you work overnight ??

nellyrock31

Sep 20, 2019
FDA approves weight-management drug Qsymia
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate extended-release) as an addition to a reduced-calorie diet and exercise for chronic weight management.
The drug is approved for use in adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater (obese) or adults with a BMI of 27 or greater (overweight) who have at least one weight-related condition such as high blood pressure (hypertension), type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol (dyslipidemia).

Honnielove

Sep 23, 2019
I wrk till 1130pm so to get me thru the day I take me Phen around 1pm I've tried other times before and this seems to wrk the best for me. I am on 37.5 tho. I'm not sure if you want to take half in the am and the other half in the pm I hear that wrks too. Good luck!! Stay positive!!!

HottSexyMomma

Sep 19, 2019
I take it too, 15 phen and 100 topiramate at 11 am, both at the same time. I wake at 730 am and go to bed at midnight every day. The 15 mg phen is in a capsule- I don't know that you will be able to split it up. I think that you should take it about 2 hours after your first meal of the day whatever time that is. I started on Oct 1. You can see my progress in my siggy. Good luck to you!!

nellyrock31

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for all the support.. I weigh in On Sunday at Weight Watchers. ... However I am working overnight and I have tried about 4 different time frames to take the phen

* 11 am ( 2 hours after I have a big breakfast )
* 5pm ( I eat my dinner after 2 hours )
* 3:30 AM ( after eating nothing and waiting till about 8 am to eat breakfast )
* 10:30 pm ( and eat a lunch at 2am ) while at work

It appears that I am still Hungry :-( .. I don't know what I could be doing wrong. I am also on a capsule so I can't split

nellyrock31

Sep 20, 2019
So I have only lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks ... Is that okay ? I have been really feeling down and it seems as though the 30mg of phentermine does not help me I am still hungry throughout the day and plus I do weight watchers

Konorman

Sep 23, 2019
I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I can tell you that I take 37.5 and I still get hungry throughout the day. I'm hungry right now in fact and I just had about half a thing of Greek yogurt so about 2.5oz. I was planning on eating the other half in a little while but I definitely still feel hungry so I guess I'll go ahead and finish it! Tomorrow will be two weeks since I started taking the phen. Usually when I get hungry throughout the day it is mild and I'm able to forget about it easily since I'm so busy with my kids. I do get hunger pangs at night when I'm up feeding my twins. Those are a little harder to ignore.

Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm taking a higher dose of phen and I still get hungry. It still helps me a lot with being able to resist extra eating, but it hasn't wiped it out like other people say it does for them.

ShannonR

Sep 23, 2019
Hello! I also work overnights. I go to work at 8pm, usually get out of bed around 4:30pm to 5pm. My doctor told me to take it around 5:30-6. That way it did not interfere with my sleep. I had some trembling, tingling the first few days, but that now has stopped. I am taking 37.5 mg as well, but no Topirimate.

Hope that helps you some?

SassyGirl

Sep 23, 2019
nellyrock31, how much water are you drinking every day? Water is key while taking phentermine, try to drink at least half your body weight. The water will help you with appetite suppression.

Also 7 pounds in 2 weeks is FANTASTIC! Weight loss is not a race, it's a journey and slow and steady always wins.

Do not compare yourself to others, every one is different. Your weight loss may slow down eventually anf there may be weeks you lose nothing.

Don't be discouraged, your doing great!

nellyrock31

Sep 20, 2019
@SassyGirl - In the beginning I will say my first week I drank alot of water probably a gallon a day but after my 2nd day I felt so sick. I drank so much water because I was so scared of the side effects. Now It's like I am so tired of water ( blah ). I am in my 3rd week of starting phen along with weight watchers and total lost to date is 11 pounds ... thanks so much for the encouragement. I am just finding a tough time to take the phen since I work overnight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu