Buddy Round-Up w / daily check in...

newoutlook

Oct 18, 2019
Found myself in a mood the last two days,PMS I believe.I have not been following my diet and I have been eating alot of sour candy and salt and vinegar chips.I gain so easy from salt and I can't seem to get enough of it and the water weight stays around till after TOM which should be soon but is irregular.Also the Phen puts me in a mood combined with PMS.I would feel better if I avoided the salt but I crave it.I have high b/p and the salt bothers me.I find too that on my diet,lowfat,higher fiber,1200-1500 cal that I eat more salt just because the food isn't as tasty with the low fat.My friend at work said,don't you just pee the salt out?Trouble is with me I don't get rid of it quickly and it effects my weight for a few days and then I gain on the scale and get frustrated.My favorite condiment is Franks Red Hot sauce and I love it on popcorn and in soup [or on anything else].Which is great for lowfat low calorie but not great on the salt.I can gain 2-3 pounds from either one of these.I am goint try and do better today!
Kellgees-Welcome back!How did it turn out at the doctors?
QueenofdaHylls-I noticed that after the babies abs are just never the same,SHess2004 has the best advice for the cardio and spot work.
SHess2004-Great job,especially without Phen.What is Phen-D?

Have a great day everyone,I am going to try and get out of this hormonal funk!
Highest weight ever 238.5
Start Phen 7/19/08 227
8/25/08 213
8/29/08 212
9/5/08 212.6
9/12/08 211
9/19/08 212 tom
had medical issues ekg echo turned out ok
11/11/08 207

Final goal 170

SHess2004

Oct 18, 2019
Tomorrow we start our challenge. I set my pedometer today and I've been wearing it around. While at my yard sale this morning I decided instead of sitting there going through the Sunday ads I woud read the ads while walking laps around my friends yard. Before leaving her house this morning I took a little over 1800 steps. This just goes to show how making a small change can really add up. Here's another idea: Instead of just standing walk in place or take a few steps foward and then a few steps back. If you have the time while doing house work put one thing away at a time. I bet you will be amazed at how many steps you can add to your day.

So yesterday I did really well with my diet. Although I did have one light Corona. But I was very proud of myself and stopped at just one. At my last offical weigh in I was up 2lbs at 163lbs. After weighing myself yesterday morning I now weigh 157lbs. I have dropped a total of 6lbs this week and my offical weigh in day is Monday! This just proves that taking a few days off and gaining back a couple of pounds will really help to spur your weight loss for the next week. I have been averaging a loss of 3lbs a week (which I have tried very hard to surpass each week) and this week I lost the 2lbs that I gained plus an additional 4lbs. Every 4 to 5 weeks I am going to let loose for a few days to shake up my body.

I know others have said to do this before but I think many of us get into a groove with our weight loss and become fearful of trying something that will make us gain weight, even if we lose it the next week. I think this is especially true since many of us have been gaining weight for so many years without being able to lose. It is obviously a psychological delima. Last week after gaining 2lbs I felt a bit defeated and really thought a lot about whether I would be able to lose all my weight and get to my goal. I am now rejuvinated, encouraged, and more determined than before. I know what to expect next time and will welcome back the 2lbs.

For those of you have been reducing your calories for several weeks or longer and are experiencing a slow down I highly recommend "letting loose" for a few days. I'm sure this will spur your weight loss again.

SHess2004

Oct 18, 2019
Well I'm back after taking a few days away. How is everyone progressing? It is nice to see that we have someone new join us. Welcome Weightwatcher.

I started back on Phen-D today. WooHoo! The 2 weeks off wasn't that bad. According to the clinic scale I lost 1pound although my home scale says I'm the same weight as I was before. No biggy considering I spent the last 3 days at amusement parks drinking soda (which I never do anymore) and eating junk food. I really was not that sticted with my food while not on Phen-D and I did not gain anything back. I'm really happy to be back on program and I'm ready to get rid of the rest of this weight. My goal is within sight. I would love to get to 130lbs although I would still be very happy at 135lbs. I am currently 15-20lbs away from my goal. I never thought I would be so close. Seriously, I never thought I could lose the 35lbs I have already lost. It is very empowering (did I spell that right).

Newoutlook- Phen-D is short for Phendimetrazine. It is taken twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. It has similar effects as Phen athough the side effects are less with Phen-D. For example, I have read that many people who start Phen have many sleepless nights. When I started Phen-D, I actually fell asleep earlier (10pm as oppossed to 1am) and got better sleep. Another major difference with Phen-D is that it does not completely kill your appietite. You will get hungry although it helped me learn portion controll and how to be satisfied not stuffed after a meal. I think Phen-D is great becasue once I am back in the "real world" I will notice my hunger cues and be able to satisfied them properly. I will not have to worry about going from one extreme (not feeling hungry at all) to the other extremem (feeling starving because I have no assistance). Our ultimate goal is to lose our excess weight and keep it off. I do not know if Phen or Phen-D have any advantages over each other because in the end it is our actions that will help us lose weight. My best advice is make sure you are making changes now, early in your program, that will support you for when you stop taking Phen.

Check-In: I'm back!!!! Thats it. Just kidding. I'm back on my program, I'm back to eating right, I'm back to consistant exercise, I'm mentally back and ready to complete my challenge. I recieved a whole bunch new exercerise dvds that I will be starting today. So far today I am on point with my food. Just had a snack of laughing cow cheese (35 cals) and celery sticks. Oh those are so yummy and good for you. It almost makes me feel guilty because I enjoy them that much. My goal for the week is to ride 20 miles.

Oh, just for giggles I had someone, who used to be a friend, text this to me the other day: "Hey ____, Looking good! Those doc p'scribed speed pills are working great. Keep it up." I can't even begin to explain why we aren't friends anymore. LMAO!!! I know other people have been met with resistance such as this. And all I can say to do is laugh in their face. I got the biggest kick out of that remark. Do not let other people dismiss all your new changes and hard work by claiming that a "miracle pill" is responsible for your weight loss. You are the reason that you are losing weight. It's not some pill that does all the work for you.

newoutlook

Oct 18, 2019
I was wondering if I might join your daily check in.I have been on Phen 37.5mg [half on days I work,whole on days off] since 7/19 and have lost 15 pounds.I am really struggling this week,it seems like after I got my good report at the dr office I lost it and started eating everything in site.I am off today and have taken the whole pill.My scale says I have gained back 4 of the pounds I have lost.I weigh officially on Fridays and am in the Christmas challenge.I need daily accountability and a place to record a menu of what I have eaten by day.I also have been slacking on exercise and if I have to post it hopefully I will do some.I am 39yrs old,married and have 2 boys 9 and 14.I work as a psychiatric nurse and have some very stressful days.Anyway,would it be ok if I join the daily thread?
Start Phen 7/19/08 227
8/25/08 213
8/29/08 212
9/5/08 212.6
9/12/08 211
9/19/08 212 tom
11/11/08 207

Final goal 170

SHess2004

Oct 18, 2019
Of course you are more than welcome to join. I will admit that I have been slacking as well. I'm getting back on the wagon as we speak. I hit a certain number on the scale and I don't know what happened. I guess my brain turned off thinking that I was done losing weight lol. I strayed far from my new habits. I am in the process of rebuilding those new habits and it is very difficult.

Please feel free to post whatever you need to say you will stay accountable. I usually ramble on because it helps to clear my head and get me focused on my goals.

Check-In: I did good yesterday. I ate well and exercised. I'm stuck at my weight and hoping the scale will move soon.

newoutlook

Oct 18, 2019
Thank you for letting me join,I am spending the day home alone just focusing on wahat I need to do for this weight loss and some cleaning and laundry.Sat back to work for me and I want to have my meals ready for the weekend.I have a recipe for brekfast cookies I want to make from the healthy girl emails[she has a site and cookbook] I am working to get back on track.I weighed today and am 212.6,so 0.6 gain which a few days ago looked like it was going to be alot more.Excercise yesterday[Thur] was gardening,raking and pulling weeds for 45 min.

food: breakfast protein shake and pineapple

lunch apple,slice cheese,protein bar

dinner 1 1/2 cup pasta,4oz 90% lean ground beef meat balls,marinara I made from tomatoes from the garden

snack dairy queen vanilla malt[family went out for icecream]

I am going to start journaling my food daily,I see I need more fruits and veggies in my day,I hate those protein shakes,they make me nauseated and I am not going to drink them.I don't mind a little protein powder mixed in my yogurt.My doctor thinks the protein is important to not lose muscle and he wants 30 min exercise 5x a week.Have a great day!
Start Phen 7/19/08 227
8/25/08 213
8/29/08 212
9/5/08 212.6
9/12/08 211
9/19/08 212 tom
11/11/08 207

Final goal 170

newoutlook

Oct 18, 2019
Checkin in for Fri.meals its 6pm here

breakfast-none I slept in
lunch-meatball sandwich-90% leanground beef low fat mozzarella 1 cup grapes
snack-8oz v8fusion drink-100cal 1tbsp pnutbutter
dinner-97%ff hotdog,mustard,onions sauerqraut on bun,2 oz baked fries,1/2c peas,2c salad,lite dressing,1oz crackerbarrel lite cheese
snack-1/2 c lite icecream,ff reddiwhip,apple

Better on the fruits and veggies,64oz water,1 glassunsweet icetea,a bit much salt due to hotdog and sauerqraut
Still slackin on exercise,I've been cleaning alot today
Start Phen 7/19/08 227
8/25/08 213
8/29/08 212
9/5/08 212.6
9/12/08 211
9/19/08 212 tom
11/11/08 207

Final goal 170

Kellgees

Oct 18, 2019
Hello Ladies,
I was sidelined due to a minor car accident but I am backed and ready to rumble. I placed 2nd in my weight loss challenge by a stinking 2lbs. I keep telling myself that I am really the winner because if I was able to excercise or take Phen I would have won. I am not going to cry over spilled milk or an extra $300 the $200 I won was a blessing. I am glad to be back on the board. Good Luck to everyobe.

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
7/25: 244

1st Mini goal: 230 by 08/14
2nd mini goal: 220 by 10/15
3rd mini goal : 210-215 by 12/15 my B-day

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight. 42lbs LOSS I AM MORE THAN1/2 WAY TO MY GOAL!!!!!!!!

newoutlook

Oct 18, 2019
Just thought I would post my menu for the day.B-3/4 c cherrios 3/4 c milk apple
L-2 slices bread,4 slices turkey bacon,lettuce tomato lite miracle whip,tomato soup
S-apple,pretzels,mustard
D-1 chicken leg covered in allbran,1/4c mac cheese,butternut squash casserole,orange,8oz sf v8 splash

walked 30 min
Good day,I will have one snack before bed and that about wraps it up.I am making a grocery list and preparing for grocery shopping .I need to stock up on fruits and veggies.Posting on this thread helps keep me on track and the Christmas clallenge has a week challenge for walking this week ,so I uncovered my treadmill from all the laundry and got walking.
Start Phen 7/19/08 227
8/25/08 213
8/29/08 212
9/5/08 212.6
9/12/08 211
9/19/08 212 tom
11/11/08 207

Final goal 170

newoutlook

Oct 18, 2019
Hi,checking in,good day,walked 25 min.Ate well except a handleful of chips,salt and vinegar.Its late here.
Start Phen 7/19/08 227
8/25/08 213
8/29/08 212
9/5/08 212.6
9/12/08 211
9/19/08 212 tom
11/11/08 207

Final goal 170

SHess2004

Oct 18, 2019
Hey everyone. How are you all doing? Things on my end have been going well. I have been eating properly and getting in my exercise. I have my family trip at the end of this week and I'm not where I wanted to be although I do hope to lose at least 2 more pounds by Friday. It will be a struggle but what the heck might as well try.

My hubby and I are buying our first home right now and the search is so frustrating and exciting. Right when we find something we both like, great neighborhood, everything it seems as though the house goes off the market. I'm freaking out cause we have to be in escrow by the end of this month. Thats when all the new lending laws take effect, which is not good news for first time home buyers. So this next week I'm spending all my time looking for a house. I'm going to start getting up at 6am so I can do my exercise before the children need to get up. I think it will be the only way to get it done. I'm babbling and stressed. I'm going to sit down, watch some t.v., and stay away from the MLS listing for the rest of the evening. Someone please pray that we find a perfect home for us. My hubby is not willing to compromise. He thinks its going to be easy to find the right house for our family. Sometimes I just want to smack him in the forehead and tell him to come back to reality.

QueenofdaHylls

Oct 18, 2019
Hello all!! Welcome Newoutlook! This forum is great for venting, tracking and goofing sometimes not in that order. Good to have you!

Welcome back Kellgees. I'll say $200 will do just fine. That is a great accomplishment . Keep up the good work!

Shannon- Buying a home is very nerve racking......for all parties involved. Dont smack hubby but keep your ground when it comes to the PERFECT house (or close to it). Sometimes we see things that our DH dont. I am sure the both of you will agree on a house that is in budget and ideal in size for family. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Check-in: Havent been exercising daily. Wt. today is 167.4 Nothing to write home about. Time is ticking and I am just a sittin'. Have to do better I know. Taking Phentermine 37.5 and I am not having my PHEN tastic feeling anymore. I don't want to eat everything but that's not because Phen is suppressing appetite as well that's b/c I know I shouldn't. HMMM.......................Which is kinda the purpose huh? LOL Going to doc about this. OMG!!! Anniversary is a' coming!! I am excited about this. QUESTION: My stomach has gone down a lot but whats left will not let go. How can I get rid of this?? I do sit-ups and walk,jog, sprint. Also arms are starting to dangle like bat wings. HELP!!!!! Well got to do some work around here. UNTIL.............................

SHess2004

Oct 18, 2019
Hey Queen. You always have such a great outlook on things.

As for the tummy... Doing sit ups (bicycle crunchs are the best) will help to pull the muscles up and in. You also need to keep up the fat burning cardio. That is the only way to get rid of the layer of fat over your tight new tummy. I am having the same problem right now. My tummy has gone down tons although my lower tummy is a problem. For me, I think a lot of it can not be solved without surgery. My ab muscles seperated during my pregnancies so I will need to get that repaired. Also, my skin is so strethced out, it never bounced back from pregnancies. Not pretty but thats life. I know if those things get fixed surgically that my tum would be washboard flat.

As for the arms, lift weights. Tighten those muscles. Do not get discouraged. It will take longer for your skin to firm up. It is something that happens often when people lose a good amount of weight quickly. Give it a few months (about 6) and see how it looks after that.

Check-In: Doing good so far. I have been off of Phen-D for about 9 days now. I have not gained any weight back. WOOOHOO!!! Although, I have not lost either. But I think that is because I'm just at a plateau right now. I plan on starting my 2nd 10 week program next week. Getting back onto Phen-D to lose the last bit of this weight. I was very worried that I would gain weight back once I got off Phen-D. I'm very happy that I have not. I am not so worried about the next time when I end the program for good.

Keep up the great work ladies. Anyone want to post progress pictures?

weightwatcher_nj

Oct 18, 2019
I LOVE THAT QUOTE I'M IN TO SOUNDS GREAT AND IT'S A PLUS TO HEAR YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH A SCALE OBSESSION IT'S MY FIRST WEEK ON PHEN I'VE LOST 6LBS AND I WORKOUT 30MIN A DAY FOR NOW TREADMILL, ELLIPTICAL OR WII FIT I LOVE THAT THING AND DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION CAN MAKE YOU REALLY SWEAT. I HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN MY DAUGHTER WHO'S LITTLE MS. DIVA @ 9YRS OLD AND MY SON THE LITTLE MONSTER TRUCK @2YRS OLD. I'M AT THE BIGGEST I'VE EVR BEEN AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE RESULTS OH YEA AND TOM IS HERE UGHHHHH BUT STILL GOING STRONG MY DIET IS EASY TO KEEP CAUSE I'M NEVER HUNGRY I HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT THE LITTLE I DO.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE AND KEEP IT UP

5'5"
HW 248
SW 248 09/03/08 DOC SCALE
SW 243 09/05/08 WII FIT SCALE
239 09/07/08 4LBS LOST
236 09/09/08 3LBS LOST
231 09/14/08 5LBS LOST
225 09/21/08 6LBS LOST
218 10/10/08 7LBS LOST GRAND TOTAL SO FAR -25 YAY ME

MINI GOAL IS 193 ONEDERLAND BY X-MAS

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

ULTIMATE GOAL - 145

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu