Atkins (Or Low Carbers) Menus

delta

Nov 25, 2019
Keew,
From my experience with Atkins, you are eating a lot. A know it says eat to your desire and eat the fats , still cut back. I ususally do because I have so much weight to lose.
Delta
SW 188
CW 184
GW 165

Gerald Bostock

Sep 24, 2019
Delta, with all due respect, dear, Keew has lost 135 pounds. She has already been far more successful than many of us will ever be. I suspect she knows by now what she's doing.

Keew

Nov 25, 2019
I had to eat alot. I was hungry. And totally not satisfied. I waited half hour...as Dr. Atkins suggested, but to no avail. So I ate until I was satisfied. It was quite a low carb count day as well.

I tried to cut down on the fat once, and hit a stall. That ****ed. As Atkins says you can't do a lower fat version, it just won't work.

slowfoot

Nov 25, 2019
mmm scrod!
lol
I think thats what I used to call my ex, get your lazy *bleep* over here scrod!

slowfoot

Nov 25, 2019
slow lol

I tell ya, I am surely not having the successes some folks are. I peed on a stick at lunch though and it was pretty dark

I would like to cut the cheese (giggle!!) out entirely but I don't know how realistic that is for me. So far I haven't had any today, and yesterday I had 2 ounces.

I haven't heard anything specific about Atkins messing with your cycle, but I'm getting the PMS symptoms early this month. (By a couple of weeks.)

I think I have either an extremely resistant metabolism or I'm just a freak of nature. I told myself I wasn't gonna weigh on but once a week but I can't do that, it messes up my OCD.

Well that's my update, TMI I'm sure

How YOU doin?

delta

Nov 25, 2019
Keew, I neve really paid attention to your stats, you have really lost a lot!!! Exceelent job!!! Keep the ideas and recipes coming!!

B- egg, cheese, and 3 strips of bacon omelet

L- salad with real bacon bits, italian dressing

D- cube steak and mixed vegs with cheddar cheese

Snack- sugar free gelatin
Delta
SW 188
CW 184
GW 165

slowfoot

Nov 25, 2019
Oh boyee, check this out. lol

B
Hamburger, burnt
mayo
mustard

L
Hamburger, burned on the outside, cold on the inside mmm mmm ecoli here I come.
2 strips bacon
mayo
mustard

D
I dunno yet, I think I'll have a hamburger.Maybe I'll get it right this time. I wish I could cook.

Ivie

Nov 25, 2019
Wow...this is the first time I've read through these posts, and it seems like everyone is doing a great job of supporting each other!

I am a fellow low carb dieter. I have been doing this for 2 months now; the 6 weeks with phen and the last 2 weeks or so without because the phen was reeking havoc on my female cycle.

I just wanted to add some encouragement, even to those that have lost more than me. I have lost 22 lbs already on this diet. The food is a little boring, but I'm determined to stick with it.

Two hints: If you want chocolate, try the Atkins chocolate bars. They only count as 2 carbs and they are REALLY good! If you want McDonalds burgers, just don't eat the bun. It may look a little funny, but if I have to have McDonalds, I eat 2 plain double cheeseburgers without the buns.

And what did I miss regarding the cheese discussion? I eat lots of cheese (not the single-slice kind though), and so far that hasn't been a problem.

My meals are pretty boring. Eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast, or a carb-solution drink if I'm in a hurry. Salami, cheese, cottage cheese, or a small salad with ranch for lunch (maybe with some pre-cooked chicken strips). A small steak or pork chop for dinner with asparagus or a salad (the salad size depends on how many carbs I've had that day). I snack on salami and cream cheese, cheese, a carb solution, sardines (sorry, I like 'em ), or whatever for a snack.

If you get discouraged, take a deep breath and stay with it! We can get through this together! Good luck and congratulations to everyone so far!

Gerald Bostock

Sep 24, 2019
Ivie - Welcome! Yup, everyone here gets along and cares about each other. We're glad you're joining us! Congrats on the 22 lb loss to date. Feels good, doesn't it? I haven't yet, but I know that someday I'll have to grab fast food, and I plan to make it a chicken caesar salad from McD's. I like 'em, they have a good beat, and I can dance to 'em. I know fresh produce is expensive in Alaska - do the McD's up there offer salads? Come join us in the Atkins Challenge thread and we'll talk some more.

Slow - have you thought about irradiated beef? LOL! Sorry to hear about your burger tribulations. Maybe a George Foreman grill would help?

Menus yesterday:

Breakfast
Mock pumpkin danish, decaf

Lunch
2 deviled egg halves, pepper strips, provolone

Dinner
Taco salad (lettuce, seasoned beef, cheese, sour cream)

Snack
Pork rinds & sour cream

slowfoot

Nov 25, 2019
Hi ya Ivie

My husband is from North Pole, AK I visited him before he moved to Idaho. Alaska is so beautiful! Chena Hot Springs, Fairbanks etc. Anywho...

Gerry a George Foreman Grill is a wonderful idea!

I gotta try the mock danish, it sounds good and heck I'll eat anything (obviously)

Keep up the good work gang

Keew

Nov 25, 2019
Slow...I'm with ya on the OCD. And how many times do you hop on and off the scale when you do weigh? 5...6? ME TOO!!

First things first...WELCOME IVIE!!

Please check out the recipe section here, things do get boring but we are trying to change that by adding recipes!!

Since this is the menu section I will add my menu in for yesterday....and I will chat in the challenge section...

Jan 13

B:
2 scrambled eggs
3 strips of bacon

L:
2 slices of roast beast
4 slices of ham

D:
3 steak tips
Atkins teriyaki sauce
1 cup lettuce
4 black olives
ranch dressing

And guess who is in the pink again?!?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu